Wednesday, August 19, 2009

If I Wanted to go to Kent, I Would Have Drove.

If I Wanted to go to Kent, I Would Have Drove.

I swear whenever I plan to ride with Andrew the ride always ends up being a challenging yet rewarding workout. Another Tuesday night ride, starting at Lock 29 out of Peninsula in the CVNP. It was still tired not sore from the weekends MS Tour and had not hydrated properly. We started out easy heading south on Akron-Peninsula Rd. towards Akron when we saw the Summit Freewheelers and joined up with them for a climb up Truxell Rd. By far it is my favorite climb (except for Hill Street in Roscoe Village).

The climb went smooth enough and I dropped back maybe 50 yds towards the top where we rested, re-grouped and waiting for Ron, the group leader, and another member of the Freewheelers. We continued straight where the road eventually turns into Barlow and heads East. Before I knew it the rain came, a couple pot holes later and I was down one water bottle.

We rode to Route 43 just North of Kent and proceded towards Brady Lake for a half a jog around before riding on Lake Rd. just North of campus. It was nice to be riding the streets of Kent. It has been a few months since I had rode out the way and in a week I'll be back.

We continued up Hudson Rd eventually turning right onto Stow Rd then merging left onto Barlow finishing our ride down Truxell Rd, Left on A-P Rd, Riverview Rd to the Botzum Parking Lot. We caught up with the cyclists we just rode with before heading back onto Riverview for extremely dark ride back to Lock 29. Map my Ride gave this ride 51miles.