Friday, September 4, 2009

Back to school

Back to school, back to school to prove to Dad that I am not a fool. My lunch is packed and I am ready to go I hope my grades don't fall low?

Well I tried. First week of classes is almost offically over!! I managed to somewhat stay on task this week with some solid training including some rides in the valley, nice runs, lots of conditioning from soccer, and this morning I returned back to SRWC to instruct my morning spinning class.

This week all group instructor classes were free to all KSU Student to promote the programs/services that can be provided. It was quite the turnout, 16 spinners showed up at8am and demanded a workout and a workout I gave them. There were no new students and all repeat spinners so I didn't hold back as much as I planned orginally.



Spinning Profile: All-terrain Ride
Duration: 58mins (2mins. stretching off the bike)
Intensity: Moderate-High

Routine: 9/4/2009

Prep Song: Parachute- She Is Love (3:33)
Warmup: Sheryl Crow- Soak Up The Sun (4:52)
Warmup 2: Goo Goo Dolls: Better Days

Run/Jumps: Black Eyed Peas- I Gotta Feeling (4:07)
-started out with 30sec. runs leading into 4 count jumps (1st-2nd-3rd-2nd-1st positions), adding an increase every 45 sec. Song ends back to a flat road.

Sprint: Ataris- Boys of Summer (4min)
-3(20 x 3)=20 sec warning, 20 with increase tension only, last 20 sec all-out sprint.

Jumps: Cobra Starship- Good Girls Go Bad (3:18)
-jumps (6-count, 4-count) increasing cadence and adding an increase every 1min.

Climb: Beyonce- Halo (4:22) *2 song hill climb (8min)
-begin at 75% of Max HR, find your base hill and begin in 1st position.
-increase every 1min, rotating out of the saddle every 45sec to 3rd position

Climb: Miley Cyrus- The Climb *2nd hill climb song (3:50)
-Do not back off tension, in the saddle (1st position) grab water/towel off
-Increase every 45 sec. 1/2 turn and 1st-3rd position
-Last 30 sec. pick up the cadence to the end of the song

Jumps/Sprint: Linkin Park- New Divide (3:50)
-50 sec recovery
-4/6 count jumps at your pace, back in the saddle for a 20 sec sprint.
-End of song, back off the tension, flat road.

Sprints (teams): ACDC- Thunder Struck:
-Split spinners into teams. (Team A & B, middle of the room works best)
-Give me a warning to an amt of time to sprint. They need to increase the tension and sprint then back off when told by instructor.
-It breaks up the normal sprints and gets everyone working together in the room.

Time Trial: Black Eyed Peas (3mins)
-Recovery at first (1 min)
-1.5/2 mins of a time trial.
-Find a cadence, tension that can be held consistantly throughout the full duration.

Jumps: Train-C'mon n Ride It (4:03)
-Base tension and begin 1st-3rd position jumps at ones own pace/cadence.
-4-8 count jumps. Increase tension every 45 sec.

Climb: Swiftfoot-I Dare You to Move (4:08) 4min climb
-70% Max HR increase every 1min. eventually leading to standing climb

Sprint: Good Charlotte- I Don't Wanna Be In Love (4:04)
-Flat road at first, recovery from the climb
-2-(20 x 3) -see first sprint song for details.

Run/Jumps: Train- Drops of Jupiter
-EASY HR must begin to drop
-1 mins in the saddle, then out to 2nd for a run slow and controlled.
-last min. 6 count jumps 1st-2nd-3rd-2nd-1st add tension as needed.

Cooldown: Rob Thomas- Her Diamonds (4:39)
-Flat road & spin the legs
-Begin stretching on bike, dismount

Cooldown: All-American Rejects- Move Along (low volume)
-Stretching off the bike

End of Class.
Everyone really seemed to enjoy the workout and my playlist...at least I think so