Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween-themed music to a 4 Hill Interval

Lately I have been making theme spinning playlists. I decided what better theme than some tolerable Halloween Music? Why not right.

This is what I came up with:
Halloween music to a 4-Hill Interval that I designed after Snowville Hill in the CVNP.

Warm up: Warren Zevon-Werewolves of London (3:21)
Warm up: Nightrider Theme (1:20) stretching
Hill Interval:
3 min- seated climb
30 sec- standing climb
1 min- seated climb
2 min- running (30 sec intervals)
2:30 min- seated climb
30 sec-sprints on a hill
3 min- seated flat (Recover and slowly add back the base of the hill). Repeat.

Hill 1 Songs:
Blue Oyster Cult: Don't Feel the Reaper (4:46)
Hoobastank- Crawling in the Dark (2:55)
Duran Duran- Hungry Like a Wolf (3:28)
Monster Mash (3:11)

Hill 2 Songs:
Ray Parker Jr- Ghostbusters (4:04)
Rihanna- Disturbia (3:59)
ACDC- Highway to Hell (3:28)

Hill 3 Songs:
Jimi Hendrix- Voodoo Child- (5:13)
Time Warp (4:21)

Hill 4 Songs:
Talking Heads- Psycho Killer (4:20)
Michael Jackson- Thriller (5:57)

Rob Zombie- Feel so Numb-(3:38)-reverse hill
Cooldown- Evanscence- My Immortal (4:26)stretching
Jay Hawkins- I Put a Spell on You (2:28)

It turned out to be an awesome class and got some great feedback. Even better, it was a challenging class for the students and me.