Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Training?

So I fell off the boat. the horse. however that saying goes.

I haven't been to the gym in awhile.

I rode my road bike to work and to campus maybe 4 miles total yesterday. I don't even remember when it rode it last....the psi of the tires..dare i say dropped down to 40?! Yeah, that bad.

Due to a minor hip injury, I have been cycling with the ksu running club..It's also easier to make sure people don't: get lost, run too far, play frogger with cars, and attempt to stay safe.

I didn't mind the time off though. I came off of hard training for ADR that didn't happen. Since then well, I've been a little 'lost'. It's pretty bad that I invest so much of myself into something such as training to the point where I don't know what to do now that my last big race of the year has disappeared.

Hopefully next week I can get things under control again and back into a rhythm...so begins the high-intensity workouts again. I have learned over and over again this year that endurance training will not transfer to high-intensity so naturally. It is challenging to accept however.

Anyway-I attempted to start looking at future races and even into next year. Hopefully that'll help me get back into 'it'.

Sara