Tuesday, September 14, 2010

REV 3 Race Report

REV 3 picked out an awesome race location at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio and it proved to be a great weekend. I actually showed up early to race and took care of the packet registration on Saturday and chilled out with the Grunt Girls (and guys).

Sunday Morning:
I had never been so relaxed, I mean really relaxed for a race. I couldnt ask for anything better. All I had to do was chill out and wait for my swimmer Jessie. However I do wish I didnt wait to the last possible minute to tune-up the bike as I seat post was...get this 1 1/2 too short. It lead to a slightly painful bike portion on the hammys, hips, and lower back. I couldn't wait to get on with the run after that. The run was great. The whole race was so much fun. For once in my life however, I think I got sick from too high of a sugar intake. I puked a little on a bike and around mile 1 on the run but no upset stomach. Got some water and went on my way :) It was my goal to thank every volunteer on the run course-I think I accomplished it. It was so freeing to run without music too. Have was the fastest (time flew up) half marathon I had ever race...I guess I should have ran harder! Strong finish and threw in a 3 mile cooldown too.

Finished 16th of 114th on the relays for the day

The finish was actually INSIDE of cedar point...no lie that was sweet.
Great job to the Grunt Girls and Guys and to all participants! I am inspired to someday race a full-ironman..that is after college. I already only sleep 6 or less hours a night and I consume more sugar and caffeine than anyone my should.

BEST OF ALL:
The DAY after: Ya wouldnt believe it. I commuted for a total 1hr riding, taught a moderate SPIN class, ran the Girls With Sole Running Program up in Cleveland too.