Monday, June 6, 2011

RAAM COUNTDOWN!

Race Across America is around the corner...June 18th!
Most of the Cleveland crew is flying out to LAX next Tuesday, June 14

Training:
Training the past few weeks has been very successful minus my bumps and bruises from Saturday at Mohican. They're healing up well though. Liquid stitches ROCK!! Sunday I was out at the Girls With Sole LULA 5K which was awesome!!! It was so great to see so many people out for such a great cause.

Time flies when your having fun and super busy...I cannot believe the race is around the corner...
The taper is in full-force too. I had a shorter ride today as I ran into Jason, Monika, Nancy, Jeff, then Michelle, Craig and the rest of the Monday night Bonnie Park running crew and chatted.

This week:
Now it's time to finish sewing on my "L" and "R" on my gloves. It's fun being directionally challenged! This week I'll be shipping out my Raleigh road bike out to California and finishing packing for RAAM!

Sunday in June Ride:
Team H2Ope will have a table of sorts at the Sunday in June ride hosted by the Cleveland Touring Club. We will be raffling off a carbon Dash Saddle and some other items as well...It's crazy the last few months Sunday nights have been team conference call nights. It's weird to think that our last one is just days away!!

I am so stoked :) This week I am taking it easy with some intervals on Wednesday...I haven't backed off in awhile so it'll be odd having some free time not worrying when I am going to squeeze in training this week.

Thanks to everyone who helped to make our upcoming RAAM experience possible. If your thinking about it, know that it is quite an undertaking but I would not change the pre-race experience for anything. It has been wonderful to be apart something greater in the big picture. I know when I'm struggling a few days in that we are racing for Blue Planet Network to help St. Charles School children in Uganda.

If you wanna know where Team H2Ope is on the route or more about why/what/how/where check out our website http://www.theteamhope.com/  and blog (check the side for the link) we will be posting updates 24/7!

 P.S. Congrats to everyone this weekend at the crazy amount of races all around Ohio! From seeing pictures of the Warrior Dash...I think I'll be signing up for the next one!