Friday, July 1, 2011

Now that RAAM is over I should be resting...that has never been an easy thing for me.


Luckily I am four days into a steroid and antibiotic to combat a respiratory issue. Breathing is getting better and I am coughing less. Too stubborn to sit and rest, I have gotten in two chill rides and two light sessions at the gym.
Yesterday The Strongsville Post, today The Sun Newspaper is interviewing Diana, Trish, Andre, and I about RAAM so we can bring awareness to Blue Planet Network and Drink Local Drink Tap-our cause for the 7 days, 21 hours, 31 minutes bike race.
This evening Trish and I are attending a benefit for Drink Local Drink Tap out at Pug Mahones in Lakewood. Here's some information about the event!

TO AFRICA we go for 1 month to FILM and get the water committee and last preplanned stages finished to GET THESE 700 students and 2,500 families water....Bring your love and smiles, have a drink, order some food and spend a few hours with us before we depart the first week of July! If you can’t make it, please considering donating at http://www.drinklocaldrinktap.org/ and sign up for email alerts at www.farflungtravels.com to follow us on our journey.

This weekend I plan on trying to take it easy-well kind of :)

Saturday: I might do a lap or two at West Branch to get back out on the mountain bike after moving most of my gear back to Kent.

Sunday: I will be training running easy with the Grunt Girls at Sunday Red lock trail head on Vaughn Rd.
Time: 8 a.m for an out and back on the Buckeye Trail

Monday: I plan on hanging out at the Medina Twin Sizzler and snapping some pictures