Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mountain Bike Time Trial
I decided I didn't have enough bruises from the weekend so I went out to Wellington, Ohio for the Thorn Mtn Bike Time Trial: http://www.singletracks.com/bike-trails/thorn-mtn-bike-trail.html

It consists of 9 miles of twisty turns where you do not know what is ahead of you. I loved it but knowing the course ahead of time would have defiantly paid off today.

After one minute in, I took a wrong turn. I was getting lost quite a bit, missing a section then going back riding the section, mechanical issue w/ rear wheel, and at every fork in the road I decided to triple check the trail 'just to make sure' I didn't miss something.

Finished in 1:02 and some change. I'm sure I can take 5 minutes off with just my mistakes made on the course. This is SO MUCH FUN!!! It was a great alternative to the Westlake road crit and hell of a workout.
I'm looking forward to the next time out there. Hopefully Ill be riding a sub 55 by the end of the season!