I am racing in RAAM this upcoming June as part of Team Hope. We are in search for crew members. I was wondering if you would not mind sending this email out to anyone you think might be interested in being a crew member! We will be racing in a 4-person team relay for Team Hope.
If you're not familiar with the event, it's a 3,000 mile non-stop bike race that climbs 100,000 vertical feet. We will be racing in a 4-person time trial cycling race from Oceanside, California to Annapolis, Maryland. Team Hope is doing the event on behalf of the Blue Planet Network. We are hoping to finish the event in 7 days! But we are in need of crew!!!
We're looking for anyone who likes to or has skills in:
• athletic training
• medical (EMT, PA, nurse, doctor, massage therapist, physical therapist, chiropractor, etc.)
• or just has a LOT of energy and has the willingness & dedication needed to commit to a crazy bike adventure!
The time commitment is:
• bi-weekly conference calls
• June 15-16 – Team meets in Oceanside
• June 18 – RAAM starts
• June 25 – Estimated arrival in Annapolis
• June 26 – Clean vehicles; attend Finisher's Banquet
• June 27 – Fly home
For information about the team, please go to theteamhope.com
To help get a better feel for what RAAM is like, check out these videos from Team Bandwidth. They finished 1st in the 4-person male, under 50 category.
Day 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgWOPFvjabk
Day 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTU067P8hGQ
Day 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_xm6BbXfBk
Day 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSUa9VENf1w
Day 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16WETy0bqXk
Day 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrRIGHV9Bzg
If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com and I will forward it to our crew chief and team leader.