Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ain't Too Cool For School

Things are going well these days...
This week I have been researching graduate programs for after next May and finishing up some scholarship forms for this fall semester. The new job at Tannery begins mid-August...I will also begin working in the Ex. Phys. Lab soon with some new equipment for sport performance and vascular studies.

Grad Schools
Thursday, August 4-Sunday, August 7- My Mom and I are making a trip down to North Carolina to visit Appalachian State. Their Exercise Science Graduate Program is rated among top in the country. If I get in-its my number one choice..Of course I am going to bring the Cervelo down with me...

Also on the list is Colorado State, University of Denver @ Boulder so far. Kent has a great program but I feel this overwhelming need to leave Ohio for a few years. I miss Colorado and Appalachian State has everything I want and need on paper.

Workouts
I took Tuesday off this week and not only did I rest but I slept...for 16 hours. For an insomniac well I was
thrilled.
Wednesday: 74miles
Thursday: strength/conditioning workout in the gym
Friday: I got to check out the Doppler equipment in the Ex Phys lab after work...Cool stuff.