Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Just Lacks Duct Tape

This past Sunday night I was testing out a new BMX ride and feeling good. After about 1 1/2 hr into my riding I dropped into a jump section. Within 5 seconds everything went wrong. I thought it was common practice to sand down screws that are painted-it helps with threading.

The bars were once perpendicular to the top tube next to handlebars came lose at the stem of the bike moving forward completely parallel to the top tube. Trying to grab the rear brake on the right-my forearm went with it. I managed to not break my radius/scalphoid (metacarpal) but some caused some other issues.

Wrist brace + tape for awhile.

In better news the 2012 calendar is slowly being updated. The 331 guys already posted the full calendar with new venues. I put in hyperlinks under the calendar for references.

Ride On.